Take your class online with SUNY
You will learn the same curriculum as our on-campus students
In this course, students examine projected employment trends of the 21st century, predict the effect of these trends on their own careers, identify reliable sources of occupational and job information, and use these sources to design personal career goals and a job-advancement, job-search, or career-change plan. Topics may include career definition in the 21st century and the importance of developing new skills for a changing environment. The course is appropriate for students at any point in their careers. Note that there are two versions of this course, Introductory and Advanced. The advanced version requires additional research, analysis, discussion, and writing. Students should not take this course twice. This course was previously EDU-232062 21st Century Careers: Introductory. This course may be used to fulfill educational planning credit with mentor approval.
Course Area: Career Development
Level: Lower Level Undergraduate
Dates: 01-19-2021 - 03-12-2021
- Find books for your online class
- Local Course ID: 21SP_ESC_SSAE2005_01
- Books & Supplies
How to Register for an Online Course
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Search for an online course by keyword, semester, campus, area, or a combination of each.
- Select Course
- Select a course from the results list that fits your needs.
- Visit College Website
- Click “register now” to visit the college website to register as a “non-credit” or “non-matriculated” student if you are not enrolled at the campus.
- Contact Registrar
- Contact the registrar’s office or enrollment office to register for the course. Make sure you have the course name and course ID when you register.
- Transfer Credits
- If you plan to transfer credit for the course, make sure you have reviewed the course with the advisor at your current college to ensure the credits will transfer to your degree program.
- Locate Course Materials
- Once you register for the course, visit the campus bookstore to find the books and materials for the course. You will need the course ID to find the books.