Earn your bachelor degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Bachelor of Science in Crime Analysis combines a core concentration in crime analysis with select courses in data analytics, cybersecurity, and geographic information systems. Throughout this program, students identify solutions to crime problems and learn to formulate crime prevention strategies. Crime analysis students learn crime mapping and the application of statistics to understand the techniques available to map crime and provide predictive analytics to criminal justice agencies. Applying spatial analysis and mapping, quantitative assessment, and using standard software packages, individuals who complete the program will be prepared to understand investigative techniques and data in order to provide criminal justice agencies with tactical, operational, and strategic crime analysis products.
Students will also be prepared to enroll in and pass the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services crime analysis certification examination.
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- SUNY Online Degree at Scale
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Degree at Scale includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW