Earn your bachelor degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Security Studies B.S. at SUNY Empire State College is designed to serve students currently working in public service, emergency services, law enforcement, and homeland security positions, as well as those interested in these career paths.
The bachelor's degree in security studies is a cutting-edge, interdisciplinary program that teaches students about the key dimensions of security in the 21st century. Students will learn about the global context of security, approaches to protecting the homeland, counterterrorism, and legal and ethical dimensions of security. Rather than just focusing on a single factor, the program explores the security implications of climate change, international politics and relations, public policy, sociology, and cybersecurity to prepare graduates to step up to the challenge of promoting security while recognizing human rights, diversity, and the complexity of the security environment in the contemporary world.
Students will work with a mentor to individualize the program to prepare for careers in public service, NGOs, law enforcement, or private industry.
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- SUNY Online Degree at Scale
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Degree at Scale includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW