Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Herkimer's AAS in Ecotourism and Adventure Travel prepares students for jobs in the travel and tourism industry. With an emphasis on natural science, the environment, sociology, and ecology, Ecotourism and Adventure Travel relates principles of travel and tourism to the science and sociology of indigenous populations and natural habitats. Ecotourism and Adventure Travel students study the business and economics of travel and tourism and learn the interrelationships between diverse cultures and ecosystems.
Ecotourism and Adventure Travel can be completed entirely online.
The Goals of this Program are to:
1.Prepare students for entry-level jobs in ecotourism and adventure travel.
2.Introduce students to current industry practices and emerging market trends.
3.Provide employers with a reliable source of skilled labor.
Successful Graduates of this Program will be able to:
1.Perform basic job functions proficiently.
2.Use technology, work efficiently, think critically, and act professionally.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW