Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The online Homeland Security A.S. degree from Monroe Community College equips you with the knowledge and skills to provide vital prevention and protection services to our country and your community. The accredited, two-year degree inspires students to discover a world of career opportunities in national, private, community, or global security.
Homeland security experts are the people who protect us from and respond to national disasters, terrorism, and public health crises. Graduates with a homeland security degree enjoy opportunities in law enforcement, intelligence analysis, information security, infrastructure protection, emergency management, and many others. Learn about joining the front lines as an immigration or customs inspector, a trained expert in law enforcement, or an emergency medical services provider. If you prefer to combat domestic and global threats online, the homeland security degree prepares you to work behind the scenes in cybersecurity and emergency planning.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- SUNY Online Degree at Scale
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Degree at Scale includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW