Earn your bachelor degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The online BS in Accounting from SUNY Plattsburgh is part of its School of Business & Economics that is an AACSB-accredited school - a designation awarded to 5% of business schools around the world. The demand for accounting professionals is expected to rise through 2029, and the median salary for accountants and auditors with at least a bachelor's degree is $75,560 per year.
Students with an associate degree can finish the last two years of their accounting degree online. The program provides a unique opportunity and access to students who have an associate degree from a SUNY or CUNY school and want to continue their education in a field that is always hiring. The SUNY Online accounting bachelor's degree through SUNY Plattsburgh is a flexible option for students with scheduling and location constraints.
After successful completion of the bachelor's degree in accounting, students will be able to sit for the CPA exam in NY State under the 120-credit rule.
Graduates in accounting have pursued careers in business management, finance, and even law enforcement, equipped with the management, forensic, and financial skills gained in the online accounting program.
Accounting Program Highlights
- Only online accounting program within the SUNY system offered out of an AACSB-accredited business school
- Ranked in the top of the 25 best online accounting programs in the U.S. by Successful Student
- Ranked in the top 50 accounting programs in the U.S. by Study.com
- Top 25 most affordable online accounting programs in the nation by OnlineU
- Graduates have obtained jobs at Fortune 500 companies, in local and state government, not-for-profits, and large corporations
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- SUNY Online Degree at Scale
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Degree at Scale includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW