Earn your bachelor degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Are you one of the tens of thousands of workers in American industry who possess an associate's degree in a related field? Are you looking to complete the next level of your education? Do you want an online option that will enable you to complete your Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering while working? Stony Brook University's Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) degree program provides the flexibility and convenience you need to complete a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering while continuing in your current job. This program is ideal for professionals and qualified students who are seeking an excellent education in electrical engineering and commensurate opportunities for career advancement. The BSEE program is administered by Stony Brook University and courses are taught online by faculty members at Stony Brook University, University at Buffalo and Binghamton University. This program offers upper-division undergraduate courses, typically offered during the third and fourth years of a four-year undergraduate program in Electrical Engineering. The program is taught completely online, asynchronously delivered for flexible scheduling, and provides all courses, materials, tests, labs, discussions, advising and contact with faculty completely online over the Internet. BSEE Online is an ABET-Accredited and NY state approved degree program in Electrical Engineering. This program is supported by the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences at Stony Brook University.
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW