Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Early Childhood A.S. program prepares students for the full range of options that are available in the field of early childhood education. Program graduates can transfer to baccalaureate programs that lead to NYS certification (see below) in early childhood education (birth to second grade); they are eligible to acquire NYS teaching assistant certification; and they can seek employment that involves working with young children while pursuing their goal. Graduates will also be eligible to apply for certification as teaching assistants in NYS public school pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, and special education programs.
The curriculum offers foundations in child development, educational philosophy and methods. It also promotes an understanding and appreciation of diversity and professional ethics. Classroom instruction is supplemented by observations and practicums in programs that serve young children.
Students enrolled in the program must achieve a minimum grade of C in each early childhood education (EDU) course in order to continue and to qualify for graduation. EDU courses can only be repeated one time.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW