Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
OASIS (Online Associate in Science in Individual Studies) provides students with the opportunity to earn a degree completely online through the SUNY Ulster and OPEN SUNY. The flexibility of the program allows students to select courses that meet their educational and professional goals, whether that be career discovery or transfer to a another institution.The Individual Studies Program combines classes in natural science, mathematics, humanities, and social sciences with a series of classes that are selected to fulfill individual goals.OASIS Students may transfer in as many as 30 applicable credits from accredited institutions. The remaining 30 credits of college-level course work must be completed either at SUNY Ulster or by taking courses offered through OPEN SUNY. Within those 30 credits, at least 15 must be offered by SUNY Ulster.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW